ADSM-L

weekly archives of Linux clients

2003-07-08 07:44:05
Subject: weekly archives of Linux clients
From: Rainer Holzinger <Rainer.Holzinger AT UPM-KYMMENE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 13:29:27 +0200
Hi all,

I just implemented the first two Linux clients into TSM. Now with the Linux
clients  there's  the  first  time the requirement to do weekly and monthly
archives of the complete machine, means all filesystems.
I  would  like  to  do  that with a TSM client schedule initated by the TSM
server.  But from the archive command description I have seen that I always
have  to specify a file specification. So the 'domain all local' won't work
for  archive,  right?  The need to specify all filesystems means that there
may  be  filesystems  defined  by the Linux admins which I won't notice and
therefore won't be archived.
Any of you guys have an idea how to prevent that risk?

TIA and best regards,
Rainer