ADSM-L

HELP - backups didn't go and can't connect to server

2003-07-03 10:38:51
Subject: HELP - backups didn't go and can't connect to server
From: "Mire, Nona" <MireN AT LOURDESRMC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 09:32:43 -0500
AIX 5.1.0.0 ML 01
TSM 4.2.1.9
It's a 3466

We arrived today to big problems - It looks like all or most of our backups
failed last night.
When I try to connect to the server with dsmadmc I get :
        ANS1017E Session rejected: TCP/IP connection failure
ANS8023E Unable to establish session with server.

I tried halting the server - it doesn't - I rebooted the box and the tsm
server did not come up - I still get the above message.  When I try a
STARTADSM I get:

INFO: (startadsm) - (startadsm) - entering all_set
Making sure needed filesystems are mounted.
INFO: (startadsm) - leaving all_set
INFO: (startadsm) - entering which_server.
INFO: (startadsm) - no kin servers.
INFO: (startadsm) - leaving which_server.
INFO: (startadsm) - /usr/tivoli/tsm/server/bin/adsmserv.lock present, seeing
if
PID is still active.
INFO: (startadsm) - 23016 is not active
INFO: (startadsm) - Starting ADSM server primary in background.

INFO: (startadsm) - Issuing command: export AIXTHREAD_SCOPE=S # performance
circ
umvention
INFO: (startadsm) - Issuing command: export AIXTHREAD_MNRATIO=1:1 #
performance
circumvention

INFO: (startadsm) - core link already established.

There are no hardware errors logged on the box.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Nona Mire
Senior Systems Analyst
Our Lady of Lourdes Regional Medical Center
Lafayette, LA
(337)289-2087
miren AT lourdesrmc DOT com