ADSM-L

Re: no drives available

2003-07-03 09:31:29
Subject: Re: no drives available
From: Michael Swinhoe <mike.swinhoe AT UK.ZURICH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 14:28:12 +0100
Is this a Windows or AIX TSM server?

If it is windows has the server been rebooted and remapped the drives.  If
it is AIX have you checked the drive status in smitty to see if the server
can communicate with them.  you can use either NTUTIL in Windows or
TAPEUTIL in AIX to test communicating with the drives.

Mike

Regards,
Michael Swinhoe
Storage Management Group
Zurich Financial Services
E-mail:   mailto:Mike.Swinhoe AT UK.Zurich DOT com

                    Muthyam Reddy
                    <[email protected]        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    OM>                  cc:
                    Sent by:             Subject:     no drives available
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MA
                    RIST.EDU>

                    03/07/2003
                    14:24
                    Please
                    respond to
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

** High Priority **

Hi ,

have  anybody got erros like "ANR8447E no drives currently available in the
library". My backups,background process are aborting because of this
problem .

but my 'q drives'  &   'q path' shows all drives are online .

I could not find fixed answer in  ADSM archive mails about this problem.

any idea about this problem.

I am also trying to find out how to get paid support from IBM, but so
far I have found nothing

thanks in adv.
/mani

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This electronic mail transmission contains information from Joy Mining
Machinery
which is confidential, and is intended only for the use of the proper
addressee.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately at the
return
address on this transmission, or by telephone at (724) 779-4500, and delete
this
message and any attachments from your system.  Unauthorized use, copying,
disclosing, distributing, or taking any action in reliance on the contents
of this
transmission is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

The information contained in this message is confidential and may be
legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not
read, copy or otherwise use it and do not disclose it to anyone else.
Please notify the sender of the delivery error and then delete the
message from your system.

Any views or opinions expressed in this email are those of the author only.

Communications will be monitored regularly to improve our service and for
security and regulatory purposes.

Thank you for your assistance.