ADSM-L

Actlog & the database

2003-07-03 07:31:30
Subject: Actlog & the database
From: Douglas Currell <dlcurrell AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 07:31:01 -0400
I have some ideas about the questions I'm about to ask
but I need some other opinions. What is the
relationship between the activity log retention period
and the size of the TSM database. For example, the
production database that I work with has a size of 52
GB and the actlog retention period is 90 days. Would
the size of the database noticably decrease if the
actlog retention was set to 7 days? (Extraneous info:
I piped the output from "q actlog
begindate=01/01/2003" to file and the file is about
500 MB.)

What is therelationship of between the Activity Log
Retention Period and Activity Summary Retention
Period. Can I view the summary only?

Is there a way to "archive" the activity log so that
it could be "imported" later?

Thank you...