ADSM-L

Re: upgrade from AIX 4.3.3 to 5.1 with db and log on ESS

2003-07-02 09:31:44
Subject: Re: upgrade from AIX 4.3.3 to 5.1 with db and log on ESS
From: Eliza Lau <lau AT VTCAT.CC.VT DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 09:31:19 -0400
Andy,

I an looking at the SDD 1.4.0 README.  It says "if you use migration to
upgrade from AIX 4.3.3 to AIX 5.1.0, you must uninstall the existing SDD
and then install the new version of SDD."  I believe SDD 1.4 is the latest.
I downloaded it from the IBM site last week.

Has anyone upgraded to SDD 1.4.0 from an earlier version?

Eliza Lau
Virginia Tech Computing Center