ADSM-L

Fun Facts to Know for the 5.2.0.1 Client

2003-07-02 07:04:40
Subject: Fun Facts to Know for the 5.2.0.1 Client
From: "Magura, Curtis" <curtis.magura AT LMCO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 07:04:15 -0400
Downloaded and installed the 5.2.0.1 client yesterday afternoon. Install was
on an Intel XP SP1 machine. This may or may not be a standard component on a
corporate machine but like some other folks on the list I use my personal
machine as one of the early test beds for new versions. I have Zone Alarm
Pro version 4.01 installed. The TSM install went fine. During the install I
selected the Open File and Image support features via the custom install as
that was I was interested in seeing. After reboot Zone Alarm will not stay
up. I did leave it down when it prompted for a restart long enough to go
into the TSM GUI and look around. Found that since Zone Alarm doesn't
initialize correctly now my network connections were not working and I
wasn't able to connect to the TSM server.

Went back and removed version 5.2 rebooted the system and Zone Alarm came up
fine along with full network connectivity again. Re-installed 5.1.6.0
version of TSM and Zone Alarm is still running fine. So just a heads up for
anyone that may have Zone Alarm installed and thinking of going to 5.2 it
would appear that something between TSM 5.2 and Zone Alarm Pro 4.1 don't get
along very well.

Haven't opened a PMR at this point as I was just going to run on my machine
and thought I could slip it on in 5 minutes. Figure we are still a couple of
months away from starting what I would call the real 5.2 deployment and at
this point I don't have anytime to fool with.

Curt Magura

Lockheed Martin EIS

Orlando Fla.

321-235-1203