ADSM-L

Re: Inquiring minds want to know.....

2003-07-01 17:29:00
Subject: Re: Inquiring minds want to know.....
From: Alex Paschal <AlexPaschal AT FREIGHTLINER DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 14:28:27 -0700
Zoltan,

I recall someone posting recently that they had an issue where a process
would not make progress reading a tape.  This could give you an "at a
glance" insight that the process that has only processed 100kB, current
physical file 10kB, has been mounted for 3600 seconds.  This would
defininitely indicate a problem of some sort.  However, if you didn't know
how long that tape had been mounted, you might have better things to do than
look up when that tape was mounted because, at first glance, things seem to
be OK.  Other than that, yeah, I can't think of many other uses.

Alex Paschal
Freightliner, LLC
(503) 745-6850 phone/vmail