ADSM-L

upgrade from AIX 4.3.3 to 5.1 with db and log on ESS

2003-07-01 13:10:51
Subject: upgrade from AIX 4.3.3 to 5.1 with db and log on ESS
From: Eliza Lau <lau AT VTCAT.CC.VT DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 12:55:09 -0400
Hi TSMers,

I am looking into upgrading the server from AIX 4.3.3 to 5.1.  The
TSM database and log are on ESS 2105 volumes.  To upgrade to SDD 1.4 I will
have to delete all the definitions for the db and log volumes, delete old
version of SDD and install the new one.  Has anyone done this before and
what are the gotchas?

What do I gain from going to 64 bits.  The server only has 3G of memory.
I am planning on remaining on 32 bits and go to 64 bits in the future.

P660 with 4 processors
TSM server 5.1.1.6 on AIX 4.3.3
3494 with six 3590E1A drives
IBM ESS 2105 disks (db and log volumes)