ADSM-L

TDPO 5.2 error 2534

2003-07-01 11:05:42
Subject: TDPO 5.2 error 2534
From: "Loon, E.J. van - SPLXM" <Eric-van.Loon AT KLM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 17:05:11 +0200
Hi *SM-ers!
We are testing TDP for Oracle 5.2 on AIX 5.2 with Oracle 9i.
We configured everything by the book, but when we try to run a backup we
receive the following error:

RMAN> backup
2>   incremental level = 0
3>   tag inc0
4>   filesperset 5
5>   (database include current controlfile);
Starting backup at 01-JUL-03
RMAN-00571: ===========================================================
RMAN-00571: ===========================================================
RMAN-03002: failure of backup command at 07/01/2003 15:30:24
ORA-19554: error allocating device, device type: SBT_TAPE, device name:
ORA-27000: skgfqsbi: failed to initialize storage subsystem (SBT) layer
IBM AIX RISC System/6000 Error: 2534: System call error number 2534.

I know that error 2534 is a TDPO return code, but where can we find the
explanation of those return codes?
Both log files (dsierror.log and sbtio.log) are empty...
Thanks in advance!!!
Kindest regards,
Eric van Loon
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

e-mail, and delete this message. Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij NV (KLM),
its subsidiaries and/or its employees shall not be liable for the incorrect or
incomplete transmission of this e-mail or any attachments, nor responsible for
any delay in receipt.