ADSM-L

Re: Sharepoint Portal Server

2003-07-01 05:27:15
Subject: Re: Sharepoint Portal Server
From: Anders Ståhlbom <Anders.Stahlbom AT EXEO DOT SE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 11:25:45 +0200
Hi,

There is a utility in Share Point Portal Server, and that utility dumps
data from locked files, but I dont remember the name of it, but I found
documentantion about it in MS Technet.
Then you can take ordinary file backups.

Med vänlig hälsning
Best regards
Anders Ståhlbom

exeo
Anders Ståhlbom
Adress Box 43 59121 Motala
anders.stahlbom AT exeo DOT se
Tele:  +46 (0)141 48667
Mobile: +46 (0)736 888667
Fax:   +46 (0)141 213330

|         |           Chris Murphy     |
|         |           <cmurphy AT IDL DOT STAT|
|         |           E.ID.US>         |
|         |           Sent by: "ADSM:  |
|         |           Dist Stor        |
|         |           Manager"         |
|         |           <[email protected]|
|         |           .EDU>            |
|         |           2003-06-30 22:44 |
|         |           "ADSM: Dist Stor |
|         |           Manager"         |

>---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |       To:       ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                                         |
  |       cc:
                                  |
  |       Subject:  Re: Sharepoint Portal Server
                                  |

>---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

>Does anyone know if Tivoli is/has intentions of providing a TDP module for
Sharepoint? Our Tivoli rep did
>not know what Sharepoint was so I thought I would send this to get some
sort of feedback....

Unless their tune has changed in the past 6 months, I was told (by a
Project
Manager at Tivoli) that they have no current plans to support Sharepoint.
Lack of customer demand and a poor backup API were the given reasons.

HTH

Chris Murphy
IT Network Analyst
Idaho Dept. of Lands