ADSM-L

Re: Error logs - storage agents

2003-07-01 05:17:51
Subject: Re: Error logs - storage agents
From: Karel Bos <Karel.Bos AT NUON DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 11:17:14 +0200
Hi,

For so far as I know SAN is used to transfer data, LAN is used for
communicating between TSM server(s)/Agents. So, if there is a problem in
your LAN configuration the communication between Server(s)/Agent can be
interrupted. It happend in our case a couple of times. After some
investigation it turn out to be a hardware problem on a switch port.

Regard,

Karel