ADSM-L

Re: Error logs - storage agents

2003-07-01 03:52:44
Subject: Re: Error logs - storage agents
From: Karel Bos <Karel.Bos AT NUON DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 09:52:18 +0200
Hi,

ANR3605E Unable to communicate with storage agent.
Explanation: The database server was attempting to communicate with the
storage agent but was unable to do so.
System Action: The database server operation fails.
User Response: Check the configuration of the storage agent and server to
ensure that communication parameters are correct

ANR0479W Session session number for server server name (server platform)
terminated - connection with server severed.
Explanation: If server A has opened a connection with server B, server B's
session is ended because the communications link has been closed by a
network error or by server A's program.
System Action: Server A continues operation.
User Response: If server B halts operation or in some way stops
communicating with server A, this message will be displayed on server A
indicating that the connection was closed suddenly by server B. A network
failure can also cause this message to be displayed. If a large number of
these messages occur simultaneously, check the network for failure and
correct any problems

As you can see both error messages point to failures to communicate. It
looks like the network connection between both machines is not that stable.
So you are back to basics. Look if the network is configured correctly (no
auto but 10/100 mb full/half duplex on the network speed), look at the
switch setting and let things match. This should make live much easier.

Regard,

Karel
p.s. It helps if the config specs (TSM Server OS, TSM Server Levels etc.)
are mentioned.