ADSM-L

Re: Experiences with 5.2 on W2K

2003-06-30 19:32:14
Subject: Re: Experiences with 5.2 on W2K
From: Joerg Pohlmann <jpohlman AT CA.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 16:31:41 -0700
I am running the 5.2.0.1 client (from
ftp://service.boulder.ibm.com/storage/tivoli-storage-management/patches/client/v5r2/Windows/Win32/v520/)
- have not had any problems.

Joerg Pohlmann
604-535-0452

Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
2003-06-30 12:54

        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
        cc:
        Subject:        Experiences with 5.2 on W2K

Anyone jumped on this version and installed it successfully ?

I have installed it on 2-machines.

Machine #1. My personal machine seems to work fine. I installed everything
but the SDK stuff. Ran a complete backup. No problems.

Machine #2. Tried the same thing. Reboot after the install CRASHES - STOP
7F - UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP.

Had to reboot SAFEMODE and go back to the LAST KNOWN GOOD CONFIGURATION.
Booted up - completely uninstalled the previous version. Tried it
again......Same crash !

Any suggestions !