ADSM-L

Re: 3590 drives not being used

2003-06-25 15:23:38
Subject: Re: 3590 drives not being used
From: Mahesh Tailor <MTailor AT CARILION DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 15:22:42 -0400
Do a q path and make sure the path's are online.  If not, (a) use update
path and bring them online (b) figure out why they when down - network
outage, etc.

Mahesh

>>> GLEE AT BSU DOT EDU 06/25/03 02:47PM >>>
TSM server v5.1.6.2 on solaris 8.
Ibm 3494 library ethernet attached, with four 3590 drives dual scsi
attached.

Have a mountlimit of four in the devclass definition, and all four
drives show on-line.

However, I have processes waiting for multiple mountpoints, and only
two drives in use; (judging by query mount).

All drives and paths look ok to me.  Any idea where to start looking?

Thanks for the help.

Gary Lee
Senior Operating Systems Analyst
Ball State University