ADSM-L

Re: AW: TSM on AIX and 3494 library problem...

2003-06-25 08:29:08
Subject: Re: AW: TSM on AIX and 3494 library problem...
From: Przemysław Maciuszko <sal AT AGORA DOT PL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 14:28:39 +0200
On Tue, Jun 24, 2003 at 03:22:13PM +0200, Remco Post wrote:

> 60 minutes??? I hope you have only one storagepool in that library, on our
> 3494 we use 2 minutes mount retention, could not live with much more.....

I would bet it was a smaller value some time ago...
I've changed to 2 minutes and now I can see other problem.
In past versions of TSM when the reclamation or migration process was
called and there were no free drives to use, the process was waiting for
available drive.
Now it only gives output to actlog with "no drives currently available in
library XYZ" and it bails out :(
Is it a normal thing in 5.1.7.0?

--
Przemysław Maciuszko