ADSM-L

Re: Work arounds for files deleted in flight?

2003-06-23 15:33:13
Subject: Re: Work arounds for files deleted in flight?
From: "Garrison, Tony" <Anthony.Garrison AT USAA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 14:32:48 -0500
Sounds good to me also.

Anthony A. Garrison Jr.
Sr. Systems Programmer
USAA
(210 456-5755

 -----Original Message-----
From:   Chuck Mattern [mailto:Chuck_Mattern AT HOMEDEPOT DOT COM]
Sent:   Monday, June 23, 2003 11:34 AM
To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

Lindsay,

This sounds great.  We would need full path names to evaluate the
consequences of the event.  Is something like this already floating around?

Chuck Mattern
The Home Depot
Phone: 770-433-8211 x11919
Email: chuck_mattern AT homedepot DOT com
Pager: 770-201-1626

                      "Mr. Lindsay
                      Morris"                  To:       ADSM-L AT vm.marist
DOT edu
                      <lmorris@servergr        cc:
                      aph.com>                 Subject:  Re: Work arounds for
files deleted in flight?
                      Sent by: "ADSM:
                      Dist Stor
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      .edu>

                      06/23/2003 09:22
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      lmorris

Chuck, would a missed-files report that grouped them by reason-missed help
you?
eg:
        Files Missed for Nodexxx
Not found:              562
Changing:               2
Locked:         132

Then of course you'd want to be able to click each line, and drill down
to see the actual file names.  If you did that, do you think you'd want
to see (for the Locked list ,say) all 132 files, or just the file NAMES
that differ - that is, cut off the directory part?

Mr. Lindsay Morris
Lead Architect
www.servergraph.com
512-482-6138 ext 105