ADSM-L

Re: TCP/IP socket error

2003-06-23 08:05:07
Subject: Re: TCP/IP socket error
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 08:04:43 -0400
>Our TSM server was upgraded from 4.1.5 to 5.1.6.2 on os/390 and ever since
>then I have been noticing the following errors on the clients.  Has anyone
>seen this?  Is there a known fix?
>
>06/21/03   16:57:57 ANS1005E TCP/IP read error on socket = 5, errno = 131,
>reason : 'Connection reset by peer'.

Joni - Two pieces of information are important here:

1. Your client type and level.

2. The TSM server is the "peer", and so because it terminated the session,
   there should be a reason in the server Activity Log.  There may be
   configuration issues like server timeout values and TCPWindowsize.

 Richard Sims, BU