ADSM-L

Re: oops forgot the error message.

2003-06-23 03:35:35
Subject: Re: oops forgot the error message.
From: Zlatko Krastev/ACIT <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 10:31:40 +0300
He does not need to use Atape for 7336, but `lsdev -Cc tape` output might
reveal some other problems. So the Anderson's approach is better :-))

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

Dan Foster <dsf AT GBLX DOT NET>
23.06.2003 07:02

        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
        cc:

Hot Diggety! Dan Foster was rumored to have written:
> Hot Diggety! Scott Figgins was rumored to have written:
> > I'm getting this error in my Server log on AIX 5.1 with TSM 5.1.6.5
after
> > defining a 7336-205 4mm Tape library. Any ideas? IBM says this library
is
> > supported in the BASE codeset.
>
> 2. What Atape version do you have?

Er, I just realized that I'm not sure you need the Atape driver for a
7336,
and most likely you don't need it. I've got an IBM 4mm library but last
time we used it was about seven years ago when we did backups with
Sysback.

Do you have patches applied to AIX 5.1? Latest maintenance level is either
ML3 or ML4.

-Dan