ADSM-L

Re: Anyone using 3494 and Windows 2000 Server?

2003-06-17 17:06:11
Subject: Re: Anyone using 3494 and Windows 2000 Server?
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 17:05:44 -0400
We have a Win2K TSM server with a point-to-point Ethernet connection to a
3494 library with 3- 3590 fibre drives.  I think that is exactly the same
setup as using 3590 SCSI drives, except of course for the type of cable.

Now that 3494 is also attached to a mainframe and has 2 ESCON controllers
and 5 additional 3590 ESCON drives installed that are dedicated to the
mainframe, but all that is pretty much independent of the Windows connection
to the 3494.

We have a second 3494 in a different location that also is attached to a
Win2K TSM server, 2 fibre drives, point-to-point Ethernet, shared with
another mainframe, more ESCON 3590 drives, etc.  Identical to the first
setup except for the number of drives.

So, I've done it twice, had no problems at all with the setup.