ADSM-L

Re: new TSM Client Pricing

2003-06-17 11:52:38
Subject: Re: new TSM Client Pricing
From: "Wilcox, Andy" <andy.wilcox AT AQUILA-NETWORKS.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 16:46:23 +0100
My interpretation is that any server running TSM client software or TSM
server software has to be licensed per CPU. The bonus here is that for those
of us with old tape libraries and a spare server can setup up a legitimately
licensed test TSM environment so long as the spare server is CPU
licensed!!!!

With regards to client licenses I was led to believe that this was with
reference to clients such as Windows desktop PC's (possibly Mac???) etc...

Cheers

Andy Wilcox
Midrange Services
Aquila Networks Services Ltd