ADSM-L

Re: TSM LTO 3580 Performance

2003-06-14 08:28:09
Subject: Re: TSM LTO 3580 Performance
From: Zlatko Krastev/ACIT <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 14:55:36 +0300
Lloyd,

after requested clarifications is was revealed that the adapter is 2940UW
(40 MB/s) with the drive alone on the bus. Thus the bus might be a
bottleneck only is case compression ratio goes far beyond 2:1.
Colby, you can have this in mind - 40:15 ~= 2.5:1. After that point
uncompressed data could be limited at the SCSI bus, compressed data will
come at rate less than 15 MB/s and drive will start shoe-shining. For
compressions lower than 2.5:1 everything ought to be fine.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

Lloyd Dieter <dieter AT SNRGY DOT COM>
13.06.2003 17:57