ADSM-L

Re: Fileset Needed for Upgrade

2003-06-12 04:37:08
Subject: Re: Fileset Needed for Upgrade
From: Zlatko Krastev/ACIT <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 10:57:32 +0300
More info about your current and your target version would help. And the
information are you eligible for the target version might sched some
light.

You do not need to visit any v4.2.x.y level before upgrade to v5.1. The
upgrade procedure is designed to work for all old TSM versions (v3.7, v4.1
and v4.2) and even for ADSM v3.1 (no word for ADSM v2 -> TSM v5 but this
is very unlikely leapfrog).

If you are already at any v4.2 level there is no need for v4.2.0.0 fileset
for upgrade to 4.2.3.4 (or other). If current v4.2.x.y works fine without
that fileset, for me it means that your tape library is IBM-made and is
using Atape.driver fileset. Continue using it and deselect all
tivoli.tsm.devices.* filesets during your upgrade.

If you have bought v5.1 or received it as part of software maintenance,
you can find "base level" CDs at version 5.1.0.0 or v5.1.5.0. These CDs
contain "base level" filesets (in AIX terms) for server, licenses and
device driver. Downloaded filesets are upgrades only.

On the end if you have not bought ITSM v5.1 or have not got it under
maintenance, there is no ground for complains against IBM measures to
prevent illegal usage from downloaded packages.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

Rob Hefty <R.Hefty AT LABSAFETY DOT COM>
11.06.2003 19:49