ADSM-L

Re: OS/390 volume sizes

2003-06-11 12:30:17
Subject: Re: OS/390 volume sizes
From: "Slag, Jerry B." <jslag AT STATE.ND DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 11:29:49 -0500
Our sharks have mod 3 and mod 9 volumes with dynamic PAV switching active. I
am using 36 of the mod 9s with TSM for parts of the DB, log and pools. The
worst response I have seen was 8ms on our old 'E20' series shark. The
'gotcha' has been that the older versions of TSM would not let you use a
dataset greater than 4GB (I have not checked this since I moved to 5.1) so,
unless you defined the volumes as striped when you defined them on the
shark, you need to watch your dataset allocations.