ADSM-L

Re: Recover data on tape that was deleted

2003-06-11 10:01:19
Subject: Re: Recover data on tape that was deleted
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 10:00:53 -0400
Agreed.  Been there, done that before-
Since your tapes are in PENDING status, they haven't been written over
(which is what PENDING is for.)
So if you roll your DB back, they will be readable.

'Course, you gotta either take your system down, or have a "test" TSM server
to do it with.

Grab yourself a jr. administrator and offer them the "golden opportunity" to
practice your disaster recovery drill! :>)