ADSM-L

Re: 4.2.2.0 client crach rc=4, System object?

2003-06-11 08:27:24
Subject: Re: 4.2.2.0 client crach rc=4, System object?
From: "Adams, Matt (US - Hermitage)" <maadams AT DELOITTE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 07:26:52 -0500
Henrik,

I have had this same problem with the 5.1.0.1 client version.  Backups
running fine then all of a sudden the backups on the System Objects will not
complete with the same problem you are describing.

My immediate resolution was to upgrade the client to 5.1.5.9, which may not
be suitable to you.  I also renamed the System Object at the TSM server for
the node, and then was able to do a "fresh" backup of the system object.
This was a hassle when I could, whenever possible, just update the client
code.  You will just have to remember to go back and get rid of that renamed
system object filespace at the appropriate time.

I hope this helps. These are just work arounds to the issue.

Matt Adams
Tivoli Storage Manager Team
Hermitage Site Tech
Deloitte and Touche USA LLP