ADSM-L

Re: Problem with image backup on Solaris

2003-06-11 07:19:38
Subject: Re: Problem with image backup on Solaris
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 07:19:10 -0400
>Yesterday I started an image backup of one of the filesystems.
>
>Unfortunately I did get an error:
>
>Backup Image Function Invoked.
>
>ANS1315E (RC15)   Unexpected Retry request
>ANS1424W Retrying failed image operation for volume /news/bufory2.
>ANS1228E Sending of object '/news/bufory2' failed
>ANS1069E An error occurred while reading data from the device
>
>What could cause it? Filesystem is mounted read-only, no errors were
>found on this machine.

Always check what the Messages manual has to say about the messages,
and expect an earlier message in a set to really pertain to the problem.
The ANS1315E message refers to a problem in the server which caused
the data transfer to fail; so check your server Activity Log for the
underlying issue.  The later ANS1069E message is misleading in this
context, and seems to be a programming error.

  Richard Sims, BU