ADSM-L

select to compare filespace usage with backup storage used

2003-06-09 18:41:51
Subject: select to compare filespace usage with backup storage used
From: Steve Bennett <steve_bennett AT ADMIN.STATE.AK DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 14:41:21 -0800
TSMers,

I was thinking about trying to write a select that would let me compare
a clients known filespace usage (q file) with the amount of TSM backup
storage used by the client (q occ). Such a select could give us a %
number that we could use to estimate a clients storage needs before it
is actually registered and backed up. Of course the % would be highly
dependent upon policies, etc. but would be a good starting point for
clients using our standard policy set and management classes.

Not wanting to unnecessarily beat myself up, have any of you written
such a select and would you be willing to share your code and/or ideas?

--

Steve Bennett, (907) 465-5783
State of Alaska, Information Technology Group, Technical Services