ADSM-L

Re: client direct login on 5.1.6.2 TSM

2003-06-09 10:36:41
Subject: Re: client direct login on 5.1.6.2 TSM
From: Joni Moyer <joni.moyer AT HIGHMARK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 10:36:12 -0400
Mark,

I am not very familiar with the client side of TSM, but the user told me
that the passwordaccess generate wasn't enabled.  Is there any other way
that it would generate the password?  Is there a parameter on the TSM
server that would override this parameter?  Thanks again!

(This occurred at the client 4.1.5 level and the 5.1.5 level.)

Joni Moyer
Systems Programmer
joni.moyer AT highmark DOT com
(717)975-8338

                      "Stapleton, Mark"
                      <stapleto@BERBEE.        To:       ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST
DOT EDU
                      COM>                     cc:
                      Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject:  Re: client direct
login on 5.1.6.2 TSM
                      Dist Stor
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      .EDU>

                      06/09/2003 10:07
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

From: Joni Moyer [mailto:joni.moyer AT HIGHMARK DOT COM]
I have a TSM server 5.1.6.2 on os/390 2.10 and users backup their PC's to
TSM.  Previously they were asked for a userid and password to access TSM
for restores, backups, etc.  but now when they go to do this it is directly
connecting to the TSM server.  I have recently upgraded this server from
4.1.5 to 5.1.6.2, but we are using an exact copy of the opt file for the
tsm server.  Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions as to why this may be
occurring?  Thanks!

The line

passwordaccess generate

in the dsm.opt file allows the TSM client to store an encrypted copy of
their TSM password in the Windows registry. That's why they don't have to
authenticate.