ADSM-L

Re: TSM version 5.1.x and uniquetecevents not working

2003-06-05 12:49:29
Subject: Re: TSM version 5.1.x and uniquetecevents not working
From: Glen Hattrup <ghattrup AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 08:55:50 -0700
Your questions:
1) Oh. Is 5.2.0 alreade released?
2) I see. Did it work in 5.1.6.4?
3) Thaks for the reply. However I don't understand why there is no
information
on this option _not_ working in 5.1.6.5 :( In corresponding README I mean.

Answers:
1) No.  5.2.0 has not been released.  It has been announced, but not
released.  I believe the electronic availability date is near the end of
June.  Media (CD's, etc...) will be available shortly thereafter.

2) No.  It did not work in 5.1.6.4 -- the code had not been written yet.

3) The 5.1.6.4 and 5.1.6.5 README's do not mention this new function
because the function didn't exist at the time the README was created.
        In other words - 5.1.6.5 was released a month or two ago.  5.1.7
is the first 5.1.# TSM version that will have this new functionality.  We
do not discuss code changes in the README until the change has been added
to that version.
        I think the confusion comes from the release of 4.2.4 (where this
function *is* present) and the release of 5.1.6.x.  Typically, we try to
release code changes at about the same time for all serviced versions.
Sometimes, there are delays in this process.  For UniqueTecEvents, 4.2.4,
5.1.7, and 5.2.0 were the targetted release versions.  In this particular
case, 4.2.4 was released before 5.1.7 became available.  5.1.6.x versions
were not selected due to scheduling reasons.

Glen Hattrup
IBM - Tivoli Systems
Tivoli Storage Manager

Przemysław Maciuszko <sal AT AGORA DOT PL>
06/05/2003 03:15 AM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject

On Wed, Jun 04, 2003 at 09:31:47AM -0700, Glen Hattrup wrote:

> The server README's for  4.2.4, 5.1.7, and 5.2.0 have more information
on
> implementing the unique TEC event model.

Oh. Is 5.2.0 alreade released?

> As you're running TSM 5.1.6.5, the unique TEC event function is not
> available.  Please apply PTF 5.1.7 when it becomes available.  Your
> service representative (support) can give you a better approximation of
> when 5.1.7 will be availble.

I see. Did it work in 5.1.6.4?

> As a side note - if you check the console or the activity log during
> server startup, you'll likely see a message stating that
"uniquetecevents"

--
Przemysław Maciuszko
Agora SA