ADSM-L

Server Free requirements.

2003-06-04 12:15:02
Subject: Server Free requirements.
From: inotzki <inotzki AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 09:14:37 -0700
Need help.

Server-free, what are the software license requirements?

My environment - I have a SAN with fibre channel HBAs, IBM ESS, 3494 library
attached. 2109 fibre switches.

TSM server on AIX.
TSM clients on AIX.
Solaris clients on AIX.

I want to do server free backup to SAN attached disk and tape. Is it possible
to do Server free backup to disk.  Is it File device class or Disk device class?

I know this is not IBM hardware support support, but does anybody know if 2109
can function as the SAN datagateway datamover for TSM?

Thank you in advance.

inotzki
tsm system administrator