ADSM-L

Offsite Copies of SAP /db2Backups

2003-06-03 08:53:23
Subject: Offsite Copies of SAP /db2Backups
From: "Crawford, Lindy" <lcrawford AT BOECORP.CO DOT ZA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 14:52:25 +0200
Hi TSMer's

Please can you assist me, is there any way I can do an offsite copy of the
backups that took place the night before only, within a storage pool, so
that I can send that tape offsite.

What I was thinking,,,,,would it be possible to write a script to do the
offsite copy which will do a selective copy of the backups from the night
before....because at the moment if I do an offsite backup of a storage pool
it copies the entire pool....

Any ideas ?????

Thank you for your assistance in advance.

TSM Setup

TSM Server      : 5.1 Windows 2000

Clients         : Aix client TSM 5.1.6  (64bit)

Lindy Crawford
Information Technology
Nedbank Corporate - Property & Asset Finance
*+27-31-3642185
>  +27-31-3642946
> *lcrawford AT boecorp.co DOT za <mailto:lcrawford AT boecorp.co DOT za>

The contents of this email message and any attachments relating to the
official business of Nedbank Limited ("Nedbank") are proprietary to Nedbank.
They are confidential, legally privileged and protected by law. Nedbank does
not own nor endorse any other contents. Views and opinions are those of the
sender and do not represent Nedbank's views and opinions nor constitute any
commitment by or obligation on Nedbank unless otherwise stated or agreed to
in writing by Nedbank.

The person addressed in this email message is the sole authorised recipient.
Please notify the sender immediately if it has unintentionally reached you
and do not read, disclose or use the contents in any way.

Nedbank cannot assure that the integrity of this communication has been
maintained, nor that it is free of errors, viruses, interception or
interference. Nedbank, therefore, does not accept liability or legal
responsibility for the contents of this email message or its effect on
electronic devices.