ADSM-L

EXPORT NODE to SERVER question/issue....

2003-06-02 16:07:53
Subject: EXPORT NODE to SERVER question/issue....
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 16:07:33 -0400
I am now on my fourth attempt to do an EXPORT NODE to SERVER, from my zOS
TSM server (5.1.6.4) to our AIX TSM server (5.1.6.2).

The reason I am on my fourth attempt is that it seems to
quit/drop-dead/whatever for no apparent reason I can fathom.

The last attempt, while the final status said "SUCCESSFULL", further
digging for an error message found one that said "INCOMPLETE" (not sure
why a previous "failure" still registers as "successfull" but I am not
concerned about this, right now).

Eventhough each attempt seems to move some data, nothing seems to appear
on the receiving end.

My question(s):

1.   Where is the stuff being imported/exported going if it doesn't seem
to appear on the other end ?
2.   If it actually does send some files across and I run the EXPORT
again, does it just skip the files previously sent ?????
3.   What if an *EXACT* copy of the file(s) I am export/importing already
exists on the receiving end ?  Does it ignore it ?