ADSM-L

Re: 3584 on Solaris trough SAN

2003-06-01 14:04:07
Subject: Re: 3584 on Solaris trough SAN
From: "Anderson F. Nobre" <anderson AT SOLVO.COM DOT BR>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2003 15:03:10 -0300
Jorge,

There are some important things that you have to know about configuring a
SAN with tape libraries. The first thing is that you have use dedicated HBAs
for the tape drives, because the tape drives use FC-AL protocol while disks
use point-to-point.

The second thing is in the panel of the 3584 you can see the loop IDs of the
tape drives? If no, you have to configure the 3584. Even without the right
device driver, you should see the tape drives recognized by the S.O. What
are you seeing in your /var/adm/messages? What's the version of your IBMTape
driver?

Regards,

Anderson