ADSM-L

3584 on Solaris trough SAN

2003-05-30 17:28:14
Subject: 3584 on Solaris trough SAN
From: Jorge Andrés Salinas Girodengo <jsalinas AT ITESM DOT MX>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 16:12:53 -0500
Hi everyone

I've been trying to set up TSM backup procedures on a Solaris 8 server trough a
SAN. My TSM server is on the same SAN (made up of 2109 F16s). I have a problem
setting up the Qlogic HBA supposedly supported by the 3584 to the appropriate
F-Code and driver levels, 2.00.01 and 5.06, respectively. The IBMTape driver
just can't load on the solaris environ and there are no other scsi tape devices
on the system so I just negate ST load to avoid conflicts. Still, I can't get
to the appropriate levels on the device the HBA is supposedly a QLOGIC 2200F
bought from Sun. I know this is not a TSM problem exactly but I wanted to know
if any of you had this problem before and more importantly how to correct it.

Thank you all.

Ing. Jorge A. Salinas G.
ITESM - Vicerrectoría de Tecnologías de Información
Dirección de Desarrollo Tecnológico
Departamento de Almacenamiento de Información
+52 (81) 8387 7411
+52 (81) 8387 7439