ADSM-L

RMAN orphaned backupsets

2003-05-30 12:41:14
Subject: RMAN orphaned backupsets
From: "Mark R. Hagen" <hagenm AT SJMO DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 11:36:49 -0500
We have been backing up an oracle database with RMAN successfully for a
few months now.  A couple of weeks ago the DBA decided to rebuild the
production database that has been backed up.  They proceeded to build
this new instance as a different name and once set up, export and import
the data into this new database.  When they finished, they renamed the
instance to reflect to correct name.  To get the RMAN backup to work,
they unregistered the old instance and reregistered the new instance ID.
The problem is that they didn't clean up all the old backups prior to
unregistering the old instance.  How can I manually remove the old
backups from TSM since it seems that RMAN doesn't know about them
anymore?

Thanks

Mark