ADSM-L

Re: TSM Metrics

2003-05-30 08:24:07
Subject: Re: TSM Metrics
From: asr AT UFL DOT EDU
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 08:23:44 -0400
=> On Thu, 29 May 2003 08:39:15 -0500, Andy Carlson <andyc AT ANDYC.CARENET DOT
ORG> said:

> What are most people doing about reporting metrics to your superiors?  My
> bosses boss is asking for metrics, but I am not sure what to give him, and
> he is not sure what he wants.  It would be easy to give him GB backed up per
> night, but I can't come up with what else I shoud give him.  Number of
> failed backups maybe?  Thanks for any input.

My interesting numbers include

- Amount backed up
- Amount of 'maintainance traffic' (reclaim offsites, etc)
- Percentage use of available sequential-media devices
- Percentage use of available sequential-media volumes

- Allen S. Rout