ADSM-L

TSM TCP port

2003-05-29 08:56:27
Subject: TSM TCP port
From: inotzki <inotzki AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 05:55:57 -0700
Hi TSMers,

Anybody knows if TSM client to any port other than 1500. I'm having problems
connecting with other ports 1502, etc.

I've setup the server TCP port to 1502 and my client TCP port to 1502.

---------------
Server TCP/IP port number  1502
---------------
Client option file dsm.sys
 COMMmethod         TCPip
   TCPPort                1502
----------------

Tivoli Storage Manager
Command Line Backup Client Interface - Version 4, Release 2, Level 0.0
(C) Copyright IBM Corporation, 1990, 2001, All Rights Reserved.
tsm> q sess
Node Name: NODE1
Node Name: NODE1
ANS1017E Session rejected: TCP/IP connection failure

They are connecting fine when 1500 is used but I need to use another port.

thanks..
Inotzki