ADSM-L

Re: restoring an nt domain controller and disaster recovery question

2003-05-28 23:35:21
Subject: Re: restoring an nt domain controller and disaster recovery question
From: "Stapleton, Mark" <stapleto AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 22:34:51 -0500
From: Eddie Jones [mailto:Eddie_Jones AT CANADALIFEUS DOT COM]
> 1.  Is there anything special we need to do in restoring our domain
> controller.  Last year we restored the domain controller and
> we could see
> the domain groups and user id's but the permissions on the
> client shares
> did not work.  The only way we could get users to connect is to maked
> everyone a domain admin (not good).
>
> 2.  After installing tsm on the server I set up my database
> volumes (60gb).
> Usually I define the volumes which takes about 2 seconds per
> volume and
> then I expand the database (45-60 min) before I restore the
> tsm database.
> Is there I quicker way of doing this so I don't have to waist
> the 45-60min expanding the database.
>
> 3.  If anyone has any disaster recovery tips and advise that would be
> great.

Items 1 and 3 have a single source for your answers:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/prodt
echnol/ad/windows2000/support/adrecov.asp?frame=true&hidetoc=true

Restoring a fully operational Windows 2000 domain controller is not a
trivial pursuit, particularly if your original domain has multiple DCs.

--
Mark Stapleton (mark.stapleton AT berbee DOT com)
Berbee Information Networks