ADSM-L

restoring an nt domain controller and disaster recovery question

2003-05-28 13:20:59
Subject: restoring an nt domain controller and disaster recovery question
From: Eddie Jones <Eddie_Jones AT CANADALIFEUS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 13:20:25 -0400
Hey gang.  We are doing to our offsite disaster recovery in a couple of
months and I am in the middle of testing.  These are a couple of questions
I have that hopefully someone might have some input on:

1.  Is there anything special we need to do in restoring our domain
controller.  Last year we restored the domain controller and we could see
the domain groups and user id's but the permissions on the client shares
did not work.  The only way we could get users to connect is to maked
everyone a domain admin (not good).

2.  After installing tsm on the server I set up my database volumes (60gb).
Usually I define the volumes which takes about 2 seconds per volume and
then I expand the database (45-60 min) before I restore the tsm database.
Is there I quicker way of doing this so I don't have to waist the 45-60min
expanding the database.

3.  If anyone has any disaster recovery tips and advise that would be
great.

I am running TSM version 5.1.6.3 on win2000.

Eddie Jones
770-953-1959 ext.2824

"The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right
sometimes."
- Sir Winston Spencer Churchill

---***---