ADSM-L

Re: Understanding schedules

2003-05-28 12:25:06
Subject: Re: Understanding schedules
From: "Shamim, Rizwan (IDS EMEA)" <ShamiRiz AT EXCHANGE.UK.ML DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 17:24:30 +0100
Sim,

I think you may be going about this the wrong way.

By scheduling clients that you have very little control but responsibility
is firmly resting with you.  I expect you'll be chasing your tail most of
the time in getting those clients backed up.

I encountered this with my previous company.  I simply left a shortcut (dsmc
i or similar) on the desktop.  The responsibility is then with the
user/owner who simply has to run the backup whenever they please (ie: lunch
times and during meetings).

All you have to do is run a daily/weekly report to keep track of clients
that have not backed up.  You can then use this to gently remind the owners
that a backup has not completed in X number of days.

Regards

Rizwan

    Rizwan Shamim
    Central Backup Service (CBS)