ADSM-L

problem with device config file

2003-05-28 02:04:32
Subject: problem with device config file
From: Oscar Kolsteren <Oscar.Kolsteren AT POSTBANKMAIL DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 08:04:07 +0200
Hi all,

I don't know if this is a know error but I want to warn everybody working with
external managers in TSM version 5.1.

We work with an external manager (see output);

Tape Paths : RS0010,SERVER,ASD_ADIC1,LIBRARY,

Source Name RS0010
Source Type SERVER
Destination Name ASD_ADIC1
Destination Type LIBRARY
Library -
Node Name -
Device -
External Manager /usr/local/bin/virop
LUN -
Initiator 0
Directory -
On-Line YES

If I make a backup of our devconfig, there is missing an argument in the DEFINE
PATH in the output :

It is :
DEFINE PATH RS0010 ASD_ADIC1 SRCTYPE=SERVER DESTTYPE=LIBRARY ONLINE=YES

It shoul be :
DEFINE PATH RS0010 ASD_ADIC1 SRCTYPE=SERVER DESTTYPE=LIBRARY ONLINE=YES EXTERNAL
MANAGER="/usr/local/bin/virop"

We had to restore our TSM database and it took two days before I found out what
the problem was.

So, just a warning

Greets,

Oscar Kolsteren
Postbank NV
Netherlands
e-mail : oscar.kolsteren AT postbankmail DOT nl
ATTENTION:
The information in this electronic mail message is private and
confidential, and only intended for the addressee. Should you
receive this message by mistake, you are hereby notified that
any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or use of this
message is strictly prohibited. Please inform the sender by
reply transmission and delete the message without copying or
opening it.

Messages and attachments are scanned for all viruses known.
If this message contains password-protected attachments, the
files have NOT been scanned for viruses by the ING mail domain.