ADSM-L

Re: Auditdb timing - FYI

2003-05-27 15:28:48
Subject: Re: Auditdb timing - FYI
From: Henk ten Have <hthta AT SARA DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 16:01:26 +0200
Hi Gretchen,

> "Expiring.Objects".
> 05/27/2003 09:00:57  ANR9999D imfsdel.c(1872): ThreadId<25> Error 19
> deleting
> group leader 0 176658713.
[ cut ]
> The audit was successful and did allow me to delete the problem node.
> However,
> there really should be a way to go after the offending entry and blast
> it (under
> adult supervision, of course!). I'm not really going to be able to
> justify a down
> time of 7 days just to clean up an account. It's now happened again on
> another
> server, so I will have to do this test again to get a good estimate of
> the down time required to clean that server up.

First of all I bet that someone from development Level 3 already contact
you, if not, that will happen very soon and I know probably who...can't
give
you his name, I know he likes beer and he owns me a couple....;-)
Second of all your problem looks quite familiar to the problem we had
3 mounth ago (Expiration failed completely from a certain point).
They will give you some (hidden) tools to fix your problem, the same
they did with me. And if you'r lucky, you learn a lot more about the
inside of the TSM server....
And btw, our DB is "only" 75 Gbyte, we have "only" +550 million objects
and an auditdb fix=yes "only" took +5 days.....which is a no go
offcourse
for a production machine.
But we manage to fix the problems, with many effort and great help from
Tivoli Support L3.

Cheers,
Henk.