ADSM-L

Re: 3000 clients bkp to TSM?

2003-05-27 05:28:42
Subject: Re: 3000 clients bkp to TSM?
From: "Trinh, Tony" <tony.trinh AT INTEL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 23:46:23 -0700
Paparao,

Will these clients be backing up 5GB per night or it's a one time and then
incremental backup afterward?

It's possible but you have to have a big system in place to handle the I/O.
Then you have a big storage pool to cover the backup window.

Or divide the clients into multiple TSM servers. Ie. 1-1000 to TSM server 1
1001 - 2000 to TSM server 2 and so on...

Depending on you policy, how long is you retention for the DB if any and
regular backup?

How big is your tape library and how many drives?

TT