ADSM-L

Re: File Devclass for Primary Storage Pool

2003-05-24 12:31:00
Subject: Re: File Devclass for Primary Storage Pool
From: "Rushforth, Tim" <TRushforth AT WINNIPEG DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 11:30:16 -0500
One consideration may be if you are using multi-session restore.  From the
client user's guide - "If all of the files are on disk, only one session is
used. There is no multi-session for a pure disk storage pool".

I don't know if you can do multi-session restore when using devtype=file
volumes on disk. (The user's guide only mentions tape.)

Hopefully we will see this support in the future? (It seems all kinds of
people are looking into large Disk Storage Pools - SATA will probably
increase the numbers.)

Tim Rushforth
City of Winnipeg