ADSM-L

Re: Further 3590 tape info required???

2003-05-23 04:48:22
Subject: Re: Further 3590 tape info required???
From: "Baines, Paul" <paul.baines AT ECB DOT INT>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 10:46:57 +0200
Hi,

with model E we were getting approx. 60GB per tape for normal files backup
and 70GB a tape for database backups.
With model H we get approx. 100GB per tape for normal file backup and 110GB
per tape for database backup.
These figures are what we really achieve, not IBM quotes, but it really
depends on the nature of your data.

Cheers,
Paul.