ADSM-L

Re: Adding node backup files access to other clients

2003-05-21 11:54:58
Subject: Re: Adding node backup files access to other clients
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT MAIL.TJU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 11:54:27 -0400
> You need to load dsmc with -virtualnode option but you neeed the password of
> the client.

A client session started with the -virtualnodename option prompts for a
user name and password. It is possible to supply a TSM administrator
name and its associated password rather than a node name and its password.
I have done this with an administrator account defined as a client owner
for the node involved, but with no other special privileges. I have
also done this with an account having SYSTEM authority. I don't know
whether any of the lesser varieties of server-wide authority would
suffice.