ADSM-L

Re: sql statment for reclaim's

2003-05-21 11:42:54
Subject: Re: sql statment for reclaim's
From: Eddie Jones <Eddie_Jones AT CANADALIFEUS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 11:42:22 -0400
What I am actually look for are the tapes that my offsite reclaim is going
to ask for from my onsite tape pool.  Example:
If I reclaim (or move) an offsite tape it will load a scratch tape in my
offsite library and it will ask for x number of tapes from my onsite tape
pool.  I would like to know what x would be before the reclaim (or move)
even starts.

Eddie Jones
770-953-1959 ext.2824

"The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right
sometimes."
- Sir Winston Spencer Churchill

                      Farren Minns

                      <fminns AT WILEY DOT CO.        To:       ADSM-L AT
VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                      UK>                      cc:

                      Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject:  Re: sql statment for
reclaim's
                      Dist Stor

                      Manager"

                      <[email protected]

                      .EDU>

                      05/21/2003 09:21

                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      "ADSM: Dist Stor

                      Manager"

Hi Eddie

Well, I use the following select.

select volume_name,pct_utilized from volumes where stgpool_name='TAPEPOOL'
and pct_utilized<40 and pct_utilized>0

This tell me which volumes are over 60% empty which is the threshold we
have set for reclamation.

Farren
|+---------------------------------+--------------------------------------|
||   Eddie Jones                   |                                      |
||   <Eddie_Jones AT CANADALIFEUS DOT COM>|

||   Sent by: "ADSM: Dist Stor     |   To:        ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

||   Manager"                      |           cc:                        |
||   <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>        |           Subject:        sql

||                                 |   statment for reclaim's             |
||   05/21/2003 02:20 PM           |                                      |
||   Please respond to "ADSM: Dist |                                      |
||   Stor Manager"                 |                                      |
||                                 |                                      |
|+---------------------------------+--------------------------------------|

Hi gang.  I was wondering if any one has an sql statement that will tell
which onsite tapes will be need to reclaim (or move) data on an offsite
tape.

Eddie Jones
770-953-1959 ext.2824

"The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right
sometimes."
- Sir Winston Spencer Churchill

---***---

This email transmission is confidential and intended for the person or
organisation it is addressed to. If you are not the intended recipient, you
must not copy, distribute, or disseminate the information, open any
attachment, or take any action in reliance of it. If you have received this
message in error please notify the sender.

except where the sender specifically states otherwise.

Although this email has been scanned for viruses you should rely on your
own virus check, as the sender takes no responsibility for any damage
 arising out of any bug or virus infection.

---***---