ADSM-L

3590 H drives in a Solaris Environment

2003-05-21 08:38:42
Subject: 3590 H drives in a Solaris Environment
From: Jeff G Kloek <Jeff.Kloek AT IPAPER DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 07:36:30 -0500
I'm not very well versed in tweaking devices in Solaris. We have just
upgraded to 3590 H drives (4, scsi attached) on a Sun Solaris 6500.
The system has 14Gb Ram, 14 CPU's and it's only job is to be a TSM server.
Server code level is 5.1.4.1, the api/client on it is 5.1.1.
Prior to our upgrade we had a tape to tape copy pool backup process that
took roughly 16 hours. Since the upgrade, the example is this:
2 processes using 4 tape drives (as before, but E models, and we know Fibre
would be our best option - we're headed that way soon).
the backup started 05/20/2003 05:31:55, and it is STILL going, over 24
hours later.
Does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks VERY much in advance - this is a very important backup that I need
to get back into a 24 hour window.