ADSM-L

Re: TSM Servers sharing data?

2003-05-20 16:12:33
Subject: Re: TSM Servers sharing data?
From: Stef Coene <stef.coene AT DOCUM DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 22:11:01 +0200
On Tuesday 20 May 2003 21:55, Ochs, Duane wrote:
> We do the same for Sybase. But the feature is not available in TSM, that I
> am aware of. Which is why it would be data intensive. Creation of the
> tapes, offsiting the tapes, synchronizing your DB regularly and in the
> event of a total loss shipping all offsite tapes from either site to the
> other site.
>
> Maybe it will be available in the future.
It would be nice if this should be possible.  I think it's a very usefull
feature.
I don't think it's hard to implement.  You already can export node data with a
server-to-server link.  So now you also have to export the data except that
you don't actually transfer the client data.  You only update the remote
database.

Stef

--

stef.coene AT docum DOT org