ADSM-L

Re: Include Exclude - NEED HELP

2003-05-20 12:43:20
Subject: Re: Include Exclude - NEED HELP
From: Sal Mangiapane <salm AT VITALDS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 12:56:59 -0400
I didn't notice any INCLUDE statement?

After reading your include/exclude, how about this:

Exclude *
Include *:\...\Document and Settings\...\*
Exclude *:\...\Temp\...\*
Exclude *:\...\DRM\...\*
Exclude *:\...\index.dat

Now, why I chose these 5 statements:

TSM reads from the bottom up until it finds a match, so I'll start at the
bottom.

Exclude *:\...\index.dat
excludes a file named "index.dat" anywhere in the computer.

The next two excludes:
exclude *:\...\DRM\...\*
exclude *:\...\Temp\...\*
specifically exclude "Temp" and "DRM" directories (and sub directories
"\...\") anywhere in the computer.

Include *:\...\Document and Settings\...\*
specifically includes "Document and Settings" (and sub directories)
anywhere in the computer.  Because index.dat, DRM, and Temp were processed
before this line, they will match and be excluded.

Exclude *
Exclude everything else.

A note, using "*:" for the drive letter permits this to work even if a
user has moved directories from C: to D: or elsewhere....

thanks and God bless,

sal